Saturday, April 18, 2009

treats from the grandparents






The girls were overjoyed to get their yummy Easter treats from Grandma Slaugh. Grandpa Slaugh also sent some goodies to eat, including a chocolate bunny. I heard the girls discussing which part of "the professor" they were going to eat first. Julia wasn't timid. In the end, we broke off part of his ears. 
Elsie really focuses on her chocolate. The wrapper was difficult, but oh the reward for all that hard labor! Too bad her name isn't Ryanita! We truly did more for Easter than eat. There was a beautiful Easter Egg hunt at Craighill park put on by our friend Haleigh, and the pretty dresses, and Mom prepared a very special Easter Egg hunt to tell the story of Jesus, but Elsie kept opening them out of order to see if they had candy inside. She is a quick learner when it comes to food. Also, she is a very methodical young lady. Tonight she found my shoes on the floor, and headed over to the closet to remind me to put my shoes in the 'shoe basket'. I always put my shoes upstairs, but I couldn't resist indulging her sense of order.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Janay has a blog now! I love seeing pictures of your beautiful little girls & reading what your family is up to!

    ReplyDelete